Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I will endeavor to keep this up to date. Currently I have nothing to comment on, so I will just give an update on what is going on with me.

I am searching for a house in Hattiesburg. The prices are reasonable if I don't mind having a fixer upper. Considering I am only planing to be in H'burg for the next 2-3 years. Raising the value of a hope with repairs and then selling should be a good investment. Rent in the nicer apartments is $700+ and that would cover a 30 year mortgage on $100,000 house.

5 comments:

Annette said...

A 30 year mortgage? What kind of rates are you getting? You should consider a 15 year mortgage. You can get better rates. Also, how is your credit? If you do not have decent credit, you could get really bad rates. You can get your credit reports for free to at least make sure that they are accurate. Just my 2 cents :).

Motley Fool has some interesting information on mortgages and credit and such. Read it!

Also, I thought you were getting a good deal on your place now. Why the move?

Annette said...

Oh and just one more thing...isn't 100k a lot for Hattiesburg? It seems high. You could get a new home for that in the Houston suburbs.

Richard said...

Yes....100,000 in Hattiesburg is huge.... I was thinking of some that are around 15,000-45,000 actually... The 15,000 would be OK but the one not in the wrong place has no heat/AC or appliances. 45,000-55,0000 you gan get some up to 2,000 sqft

Annette said...

Sounds like something in the 45,000-55,000 range would be good. You don't want to go to a really scary neighborhood or something.

Angela said...

ahem ... haven't seen a new post in a while!